Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Summer School & Vacation

Jacob has been in summer school for Freshman English and I have to say thank goodness that tomorrow is his last day! For just over 3 weeks, I have had to make sure I get up by 6 a.m. so I can make sure HE gets up by 6 a.m. Well, this Friday I get to sleep in!! I'm certain he is more excited about being finished than I am. Lets hope he's learned how awful it is to have to go to summer school so that next year he will at least turn his homework in! He just would not do homework. It was a fight every night during the regular school year. I hope that he doesn't want to fail any more classes...

We are just 2 weeks away from our vacation. We will be driving to Montana to stay for 2 weeks visiting Jason's family (sister and mom). Yeah, it is going to cost a small fortune in gas to drive from Arizona to Montana, but it is way cheaper than buying 6 round-trip airfare tickets. I'm a bit stressed about being trapped in a truck with 4 kids for a 20 hour drive. When I was a kid, I don't know how my mom and dad managed to not kill me and my 3 sisters on our long drives to Utah to visit my dad's family. LOL! But when I think back on our trips, I don't remember hating being stuck in that car. I know we must have fought with each other, but what sticks most is the funny things and the happy feeling of being with my family. I guess I need to focus on that and just relax. Of course, I could try the suggestion to just give all the kids some Benadryl. LOL! If you buy the generic, it lists that it can be used to treat motion sickness as well as insomnia. "Hey kids, take one of these...it's like candy!" LOL!!! Or, better yet, I will take it myself and just sleep the 20 hours of driving :)

No comments: