Friday, November 20, 2009

We are armed....Finally

Today, Jason and I went to Caswells Shooting Range. We've been looking at hand guns for a while now and today we "pulled the trigger".  Lucky for me that today is Friday, because it was ladies day. My lane fee, gun rental, ear and eye protection were FREE. We just had to pay for the ammo.

Before today I had never shot a hand gun. I was actually shaking when I stepped up to take my first few shots. I got to try out a 22 the firsts time. It was small and probably wouldn't do enough damage to really be used for protection. Next I tried out the 9mm. I loved it. Check out that Bad Guy target! Not too shabby for a first timer! I was shooting from 25 feet. Next time I'll try for a longer distance.


Here's the Springfield XD 9mm. Ain't it a beauty? I hope it won't be too long until we can get out and do some target practice out in the desert.

As you can tell, I am one happy mama. Just tell the bad guys not to bother coming over to our place....unless they feel lucky!

2 comments:

Suzee said...

Crissie! You're wearing eyeliner! How pretty! guffaw...you, with a gun, and I comment on your makup! heeheehee!!!

Anonymous said...

No I don't have to worry since Mama's packing heat!!!