Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Counting down

We are only 9 days away from our annual summer trip to Montana. And I have done NOTHING to prepare. I haven't looked at my wardrobe or planned a grocery list. I haven't even colored my hair or bought a new bathing suit. Of course, I might not need a bathing suit this year since there is a very good possibility we won't be getting out on the lake.

I need to get excited about this trip so I can stop worrying about the long drive in the truck with 4 kids. They did pretty good last year, but we only had one child who was remotely happy about going.

This was them as we pulled out of our driveway last year. See what I'm talking about?

This summer, our kids will get to enjoy the company of the Burman cousins as well as the Albright cousins. Jason and I are hoping this will make it a more enjoyable experience for the older kids.

This is a photo from 2 years ago of the Burman kids with 3 of our kids at The Circle (actually, our 4th kid is there but seems to be hiding). I think they are all smiling because they were going to have ice cream. I know it always makes me smile.

It's time to buy some hair color and get my lists together so I will be ready to enjoy our family vacation. I might even go get me a new bathing suit and hope for time on a lake shore for a little swimming.

3 comments:

Nancy Face said...

I hope you all have a GREAT time! :)

I'm going to Girls' Camp soon, and I've totally been procrastinating a lot of stuff I have to do to prepare! Eeek!

Suzee said...

I really am super jealous that you are getting out of this heat! Are you sure one of the kids doesn't want to trade me places? They can stay here and play with Dan, and I'll make the long ride in the car! Think how much more fun the drive would be with me along for entertainment. Not to mention what great company I am!!!!!!
side note; my word verification is THDED. Do you think it's the dead? Kind of how you'll feel after spending all that time in the truck with your family! LOL

Leigh said...

When I was a kid we took a long road trip to Nebraska every year. I always wished I had siblings along to share the boredom! Tell your kids how lucky they are they aren't only children!

Oh, and now that I look back on it, those summer trips were what made a lot of great memories of extended family!

Have a great time and take lots of pictures!