Tuesday, February 12, 2013

I'm Back! And I bought a friend.

My blog is my homepage when I hit the internet. I have no excuse for ignoring my little blog. So without further ado, here comes a new post.

It's time to share with you what has had my interest, my time, my blood, sweat, and tears over the last several months.

Meet Lola, the Love Shack

She's a vintage 1972 Aristocrat Land Star travel trailer. I kind of love her. She joined my family mid October 2012. She was a little rough looking when we brought her home. I knew she would need a little work.

Lovely avocado stove with groovy wallpaper back splash

Dinette with old shabby curtains (I'm sure they are original)


Couch folded down to a bed.
 
I just couldn't wait to get going on fixing her up to be a sweet little gem we could enjoy camping in. All she would need were tires, a little paint and a few touch-ups here and there.

Ah, ignorance is bliss.

We did see this water damage before we bought her. We'll just find the leak and fix it. No problem. 

We brought her home and I started to clean her up and thought this front corner of the dinette was pretty bad looking and decided to replace some of the wood.

Before long, I had torn out so much rotten wood and uncovered the fact that the entire front was rotted away from years of water leaks.
 
I really had no idea of what I should do or where in the world I should even start. I feel very lucky to have Jason as my husband. He may not have wanted a travel trailer, but he knew how very much I wanted one (because I sent him craigslist links every other day) and he told me if I was going to fix this trailer, then I may as well fix it right.

It is a good thing that I wanted an old trailer so bad that I'm ready to do whatever it takes to get this old girl into shape. With the help of the internet and Jason's arsenal of tools I begin my trailer saga.

To be continued....

No comments: