Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Oh boy!

I don't know where the time goes. It's almost the end of August already. My oldest sister Bev has a birthday coming up on the 29th (also my niece Sarah) and I still haven't finished my gift to her. I think I may have to get my old pictures out and scan them so I can complete the project.

I also have a birthday coming up on the 13th of September. I hit the big 39. But at least I'll always be younger than my sisters! LOL! I have no idea what I want for my birthday. When I think about it all I can hear in my head is my mom's voice saying what she ALWAYS said when asked what she wanted for her birthday or Christmas... "A CLEAN HOUSE". Ah, yes! I finally understand how that was always her greatest wish. Of course, I think I do much more of my own house cleaning than I remember my mom doing. I'm pretty sure she and my dad had kids to do the cleaning. It's been more than 4 1/2 years since she died. I really miss her.


I used to keep my cats indoors because we seem to be helping the food chain here in our neighborhood with my last 2 cats. They both found their way out through our doggy door and soon after were never seen again. Well, I had this idea of making a cage to butt againts the house outside the doggy door and I would house their litter box in it. It worked great. Cats would go out there and do their business and do the death chant while bird watching. It was so safe. But one day Elvis and JB had reached my last nerve after they thought that walking on me at 3:30 in the morning and pawing my head was a good idea. They had been waking me and Jason up pretty regularly through the night and poor Jason has to leave by 3:30 a.m. (hence the cats assumption I should be up, too). So that morning I opened the trap door that used to keep them in the cage. I told them that there was a coyote out there somewhere needing a meal. Well, so far they haven't become coyote chow. Of course I hope they never do. I think they are pretty fun most of the time. Let me show you some photos of my brats...

JB and Elvis in the cage of safety and misery.

JB practices his "Mighty Hunter" move.

Elvis is most likely making JB laugh!

Now remember folks, my birthday is still a couple weeks away so you have time to get me something nice. LOL!!

No comments: